The Autonomous Navigation Technology ANT® allows your vehicle, robot or mobile platform to localize and navigate completely autonomously.
ANT® is environment based
ANT® uses features naturally present in its surroundings as reference for localization. No additional infrastructure (such as magnet, inductive line or reflectors) is therefore required.
Autonomous handling of obstacles
ANT® autonomously handles obstacles by either moving around them, or adapting the speed to avoid emergency situations.
Based on industry-proven sensors
To reach a precision of +/- 1 cm, ANT® combines data from encoders and laser scanners with a proven record in industrial applications. In fact, ANT® uses the information from the safety laser scanners already mounted on your vehicle.
Comparison with traditional guidance systems
|ANT®||Laser-guided||Magnets & Gyro||Wire-guided|
|Installation / modification||+||=||-||-|
|Manual / automatic||+||+||-||-|
|Cost of infrastructure||+||=||=||-|
|Cost of maintenance||+||+||=||=|
- + Positive
- = Neutral
- - Negative
Vehicles equipped with ANT® are particularly suited for:
- Quick installation of the AGVs;
- Regularly changing layouts;
- Large and/or complex single vehicle installations;
- Sites where wires, magnets or reflectors cannot be added.
- Semi-automatic tasks (efficient both in manual and automatic modes);
- Automated truck loading;
- Automatic docking of pallets without auxiliary measures;
- Autonomous obstacle avoidance.